Friday, October 5, 2007

So what's this all about?

For a few years now I've been watching poker tournaments on TV. I've learned a bit just from watching, especially from Mike Sexton's commentary on the World Poker Tour.

Recently, the itch has been getting harder to ignore and about a month ago I decided to jump into the world of online poker to see where it takes me. The main motivation was my success in a Dish Network interactive WPT poker game where I managed to finish in the top 20 and win a $50 gift certificate. While this wasn't against real players it did give me a better understanding of the game.

Like most people, I've played different games with friends and family but nothing on a regular basis. I have some understanding of the game but there is a lot I need to learn.

As I learn I'll be posting information I find useful.

This blog is starting after a lot has happened in my poker life so I'll be posting a few entries early on to bring it up to speed.

No comments: